Postagens populares

quinta-feira, 21 de novembro de 2013


O QUE AS PESSOAS FAZEM EM NYC

parte da entrevista que o 917Diaries fez com Ana Siqueira, brasileira que mora em NYC

What are your favorite places in the city?
As far as restaurants go, I like this insane salad they have at Burger 67 in Brooklyn. It is the freshest lettuce and best dressing I had ever had, and it only costs 7 dollars! There is this Thai place that is very good. It’s called national – chef kitchen and quite inexpensive. This is one of the great sides of Brooklyn, right? When in Manhattan, I love going to Angelo’s. They have this frutti di bosco tart that I first tried when I was 16. I have talked about it to at least three people who’ve had it, and they also became fans. One of them even took a picture for me. Every time I go there, I eat it and talk to people about it. It is really good and I highly recommend. They also have this seafood dish with lobster and shrimp that is incredible. I don’t really like to eat seafood but this one I do.
I also like the Ayurveda Cafe in the Upper West Side. They have a price-fixed menu, where you pay 13 dollars; you can have ayurverdic food and it is a great experience. Bar Pitti in the West Village has good Italian food, and Caracas Arepas Bar in Williamsburg where they have great Venezuelan food – they have this amazing sandwich that is made with beans, meat and bananas! Crif Dogs has the best hot dog in the city, and MonoMono is this Korean Barbecue place with the coolest interior design that serves the best Mojito in the world.
Arepas in Williamsburg, Bar Pitti, and MonoMono
The Back Room in the Lower East is a place where you can go out dancing and listen to good music. This one is a hidden one.  It is a speakeasy, with an interior based on the 30’s esthetics, where they serve drinks in a teacup and beer in a mug. It’s pretty cool! They have these really good dancers at the place and they teach people how to dance as well.  I only go there on Mondays, which is when a friend’s band plays there. It is a very beautiful place. I have been there other days, but it is not as good as it is on Mondays. There are other places in Brooklyn that I really enjoy going to: Bell House, Union Pool, The Gutter, and Brooklyn Bowl… In Manhattan, I also like Trash Bar, Fat Cat, and the Beauty Bar.
I also really like Morgantown in Bushwick and Greenpoint – I would totally live at any of those places. There are several industrial lofts there, all very spacious. I would put my frames on the wall and stay staring at them until I could decide the best sizes for them. I really enjoy going out biking, so the places where I usually ride my bike become my precious places in the city. Sometimes I go to Queens riding my bike and come back through Williamsburg and Greenpoint.  Brooklyn Bridge Park is my favorite park. I also love going to Brooklyn Heights at sunset time and see the house’s interiors from the outside. They are all state-of-the-art, very tasteful houses. I am also crazy about the “fruit streets” in Brooklyn (Pineapple, Cranberry and Orange Streets) – I think they are fantastic.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário